Subject: ACTION ALERT: Alaska
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 11:28:23 -0500 (CDT)

[ submitted by [email-masked] (Mark Tumeo) 

  Moderator Note: Alaska area code is 907; please remember to
  include area codes-- this one was easy, not all are. ]

****************** ACTION ALERT --  JUNE 6, 1996 ********************

                              ACTION NEEDED BY Wednesday, June 12
                        submitted by:  Mark A. Tumeo, University of Alaska
Fairbanks

Fellow Activists:

The fight for Domestic Partner Benefits at the University of Alaska is NOT
OVER. Even though we lost an major fight in the Legislature, we are still
fighting in the Courts and with the Board of Regents.  The regents are
meeting on Thursday and Friday of next week (June 13 and 14), in Fairbanks
Alaska.  They will be discussing the "benefits" issue in Executive Session.
 The Alaska Supreme Court has not yet ruled, but a ruling is expected
tomorrow or next Friday.

What is needed now is a flood of LETTERS, CALLS and E-MAILS TO THE UA BOARD
OF REGENTS !!!!   Tell them they should KEEP THE BENEFITS PROGRAM AS IS. 
Explain the fact that almost 100 top Universities around the country
provide domestic partnership benefits.  If people from other Universities
can their administration to write to the Board urging them to KEEP THE DP
BENEFITS PROGRAM IN PLACE, that would be VERY HELPFUL.

Below are the addresses and FAX numbers for the Regents.  Some have e-mail,
and those are included.  All letters should be addressed to:

Sharon D. Gagnon, President
UA Board of Regents Office
University of Alaska
P. O. Box 755300
Fairbanks, Alaska  99775
Phone:  474-7908
FAX:  474-6342
E-mail:  [email-masked]

It's essential we act NOW.  The Board is about evenly split, if we can
convince one or two more people, we might win !!!

** Mark Tumeo ***
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Phone:  474-6090

** UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA BOARD OF REGENTS ******

Sharon D. Gagnon, President 
[email-masked]
346-3625   (FAX)

Michael P. Kelly, Vice President 
451-5633 (FAX)

Mary Jane Fate, Secretary
[email-masked]
 457-6861(FAX)

R. Danforth Ogg, Treasurer 
[email-masked]
486-4714 (FAX)

Virginia W. Breeze
[email-masked]
463-6756 (FAX)

Chancy Croft
[email-masked]
274-0146 (FAX)

Eric Forrer
[email-masked]
586-1947 (FAX)

Joe L. Hayes, Jr. 
[email-masked]
474-5157 (FAX)

Joseph R. Henri 
[email-masked]
279-4785 (FAX)

Joe J. Thomas 
[email-masked]
452-6285 (FAX)

Lew M. Williams, Jr. (1991-1999)
225-1096 (FAX)

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
_____________________________________________________________________________