Subject: MORE ON THE MURDER OF DEBORAH FORTE...
From: Riki Anne Wilchins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 22:16:01 -0400

[PRESS RELEASE - Contact: InYourFace!, c/o Riki Anne Wilchins,
[email-masked], (212)645-1753 ] 
 
MORE ON THE MURDER OF DEBORAH FORTE... 
 
(New York City - September 12, 1995)   
Mr. Michael J. Thompson of Haverhill MA has pleaded non-guilty in Haverhill
District Court to the charge of murder.  He was ordered held without bail. 

Mr. Thompson was charged with the stabbing death of Deborah Forte, who was
discovered by her roommate at 9:20am on the morning of May 15.  Ms. Forte
suffered three stab wounds to the chest -- each half a foot deep, and in
addition a number of slash wounds across her chest, a smashed nose,
multiple severe blows to her head and face, and signs on her throat of
partial strangulation. 
 
Mr. Thompson allegedly confessed to a coworker that he killed Ms. Forte,
after they went to her residence, began "messing around," and he discovered
that she had a penis. 
 
As they did with the brutal murder of Brandon Teena in Falls City NB, The
Transexual Menace is planning a peaceful Memorial Vigil for the opening day
of the trial -- both to honor the memory of Ms. Forte, and to protest yet
another bloody and violent gender-based murder.   
 
As of yet, no trial date has been set.  Persons interested in participating
in the Vigil should contact The Transexual Menace, c/o Riki Anne WIlchins,
[email-masked] or call (212)645-1753. 
[END]