Subject: Imperial Queens & Kings of Greater New York
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 19:38:45 -0500

On behalf of Queen Alyson Allante, President of Imperial Queens.  (Please send
inquiries via phone, fax or postal mail, rather than e-mail).

File updated: 11 Sep 1997 0:27:22 -0500 EDT

======Begin informational file======
Organization name: Imperial Queens & Kings of Greater New York

Organization acronym: IQKNY

Contact: Queen Alyson Allante

Street address: 80 Eighth Avenue, Suite 301
City: New York
State & zip: NY 10011
Phone: (212) 229-1968 (day) 
       (212) 627-1969 (eve) 
Fax:   (212) 989-9684

Date organization formed: October 31, 1968

Membership size: Active & paid: over 200; Mailing list: over 2000.

Purpose of Organization: Social, political and community service for all
members of the Transgender community, including Drag Queens and Kings,
Transvestites, Transsexuals, Cross Dressers, and their friends and
admirers.

Description and Goals/Mission Statement:

 	The IMPERIAL QUEENS & KINGS OF NEW YORK, LONG ISLAND, NEW JERSEY,
CONNECTICUT & PENNSYLVANIA ("I.Q.K.N.Y.") was founded on Halloween 1968 and
incorporated in the Empire State in January of 1969.  IQKNY was initially
established in gayly historic GREENWICH VILLAGE.  Its original meetings were
frequently held at the legendary STONEWALL INN.  Thus, it is not surprising
that some were igniters of the Transgender rights movement!

	This Transgender organization has under its rainbow umbrella the
following: Drag Queens ("D/Q's"), Transvestites ("T/V's"), Drag Kings
("D/K's") and, of course, Transsexuals ("T/S's").  Also, the Friends and
Admirers of any Cross Dressers ("C/D's") or the Transgender community.

	IQKNY is an open organization!  Thus, we have Gay, non-Gay, bisexual,
asexual and trisexual members.  IQKNY is not based on sexual orientation.  We
are well-represented ethnically, religiously, racially and culturally.

	We are unique in obvious, positive ways as well as for unequivocally
being the longest- lived Transgender club on the East Coast and most other
areas of AMERICA. While headquartered in NEW YORK CITY, we nonetheless have
members and supporters throughout the U.S.A. -- and EUROPE!!  Besides our
social basis, IQKNY has a successful reputation in the areas of Gay,
Transgender and civil rights, support, counseling and public speaking.  As
such, we have endless letters of acknowledgement and appreciation from a
myriad of public officials, other organizations and private individuals.

	IQKNY meets on the first Friday of every month at 8:15 p.m. at the
multi-purpose GAY COMMUNITY SERVICES CENTER at 208 West 13 St., MANHATTAN
(between Seventh and Eighth Avenues).  Updates, discussions, event-planning,
projects and socialization are all included.  So is friendship-making.  Some
members and guests come "gussied up".  However, it is not required. 
Afterwards, we always go out to a GREENWICH VILLAGE restaurant for dinner.

	We have an accrued mailing list of well over 2,000 people; an active,
paid membership of over 200 and IQKNY is represented in about 40 states. 
Annual membership dues are $39 payable by check or money order.  This
includes "royal" membership, benefits, discounts, etc. and subscription to
IQKNY's renowned newzletta, "IMPERIALLY YOURS".