Subject: MEXICANA BOYCOTT UPDATE 2
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:22:28 -0400

TO:  The Gay and Lesbian Community & Friends Worldwide
FROM:  Livit Callentine and Holly Babe Faust
SUBJECT:  MEXICANA AIRLINES BOYCOTT UPDATE 2
DATE :  May 21, 1996
 
*  Our case has been turned over to U.S. Aviation (Mexicana's insurance
underwriter) for review.  It will then return to Mexicana Customer Service
for continued evaluation.  Please send your comments IMMEDIATELY (by fax if
possible) to both Krupski and Ruiz, with a copy to us:

Ms. Elizabeth Krupski
U.S. Aviation
1 Seaport Plaza
199 Water Street
New York, NY  10038
TEL: (212) 859-3835
FAX: (212) 349-8226 or (212) 269-8284

Ms. Maria Ruiz
Customer Service Department
Mexicana Airlines
9841 Airport Blvd. Ste. 200
Los Angeles, CA  90045
TEL: (800) 353-8245
FAX: (310) 646-0433

*  For those who HAVE travel agents, please call and ask them to contact
their Mexicana sales rep to inquire about this incident.  For those who ARE
travel agents, please call your Mexicana sales rep to inquire about this
incident.

*  We also need legal assistance on a contingency basis to determine whether
there is anything else we can do besides carry out a boycott.  If you, or
someone you know can help, please have them contact us.

ORIGINAL PRESS RELEASE:
On December 1, 1995, two lesbians traveling through Mexico enroute to San
Francisco were banished into the night from Mexicana Airlines flight 972 in
Guadalajara.  The captain charged them with immoral  behavior for holding
hands.  He ordered 6 security guards to physically oust the women from the
craft, who then drove the pair around the airport in a van for two hours
under guard.  They were not provided with overnight accommodations, and they
had to fight for their luggage and replacement tickets. A complaint against
the airlines has been filed, along with a demand for sensitivity training for
all Mexicana employees, a public apology to the women and the gay community
in general, and damages of $200,000.  To date Mexicana has failed to take
action.  The women are calling for a worldwide boycott of Mexicana Airlines
until their demands are met.  

The women may be contacted at the numbers below for more information.

Livit Callentine and Holly Babe Faust
TEL: (510) 451-4518
FAX: (510) 451-3451
Email: [email-masked] 

Thank you for your support.  Please forward to all interested parties.