Subject: MEXICANA BOYCOTT UPDATE
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 18:15:24 -0400

TO:  The Gay and Lesbian Community & Friends Worldwide
FROM:  Livit Callentine and Holly Babe Faust
SUBJECT:  BOYCOTT MEXICANA AIRLINES UPDATE
DATE:  May 14, 1996

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:  

UPDATE:  The case has been turned over to the underwriters for Mexicana.
 Please send your comments IMMEDIATELY (by fax if possible) to:

Ms. Elizabeth Krupski
U.S. Aviation Company
1 Seaport Plaza
199 Water Street
NY, NY  10038
TEL: (212) 859-3835
FAX: (212) 349-8226

On December 1, 1995, two lesbians traveling through Mexico enroute to San
Francisco were banished in the night from Mexicana Airlines flight 972 in
Guadalajara.  The captain charged them with immoral  behavior for holding
hands.  He ordered 6 security guards to physically oust the women from the
craft, who then drove the pair around the airport in a van for two hours
under guard.  They were not provided with overnight accommodations, and they
had to fight for their luggage and replacement tickets. A complaint against
the airlines has been filed, along with a demand for sensitivity training for
all Mexicana employees, a public apology to the women and the gay community
in general, and damages of $200,000.  To date Mexicana has failed to take
action.  The women are calling for a worldwide boycott of Mexicana Airlines
until their demands are met.  

The women may be contacted at the numbers below for more information.

Livit Callentine and Holly Babe Faust
TEL: (510) 451-4518
FAX: (510) 451-3451
Email: [email-masked] 

Please forward to all interested parties.  Thank you all for your support.