Subject: IWG York PA It's Elementary Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:05:06 -0400 (EDT)

July 5, 1999

York Daily Record
PO Box 15122
York,  PA 17402

Dear Editors:

	We strongly disagree with Shirley Ruth's July 2
letter. "It's Elementary" is about schools which are
being socially responsible by making an effort to
teach students that gay students, gay teachers, and
the children of gay parents are to be accepted and
treated the same as everyone else.  

Sincerely,

Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 17 congregations and
organizations and 67 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg           and clergy supporting gay rights,
[email-masked]                      reproductive freedom, and the 
voice: 215-235-3050  fax: 232-0829      separation of church and state.