Subject: IWG Rolling Stone Christian Right letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:52:41 -0500 (EST)

March 3, 1999

Rolling Stone
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104-0298

Dear Editors:

Thank you for publishing `The Holy War on Gays.'  We
especially appreciated your careful and consistent use
of the phrase `Christian Right,' which avoided any
implication that all Christians are anti-gay.  Perhaps
in the near future you can profile the much smaller
but equally committed and rapidly growing pro-gay
religious movement.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 17 congregations and
organizations and 61 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg           and clergy supporting gay rights,
[email-masked]                      reproductive freedom, and the 
voice: 215-235-3050  fax: 232-0829      separation of church and state.

Sunday May 16, 1999 5pm. Marching In the Light: IWG Benefit Concert. Old
First Reformed Church. 4th and Race, Philadelphia, PA.  See the web page.