Subject: IWG Very Short NY Times Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 22:20:47 -0400 (EDT)

May 9, 1999

The New York Times
229 W. 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036

Dear Editors:

	Thank you for your story about gay and lesbian
Orthodox Jews.  People who are attracted to other
people of the same gender exist in all religious
traditions.  We need to think of sexual minorities as
people we work with, live with, and worship with, and
not as a threatening group of strangers.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 17 congregations and
organizations and 61 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg           and clergy supporting gay rights,
[email-masked]                      reproductive freedom, and the 
voice: 215-235-3050  fax: 232-0829      separation of church and state.

Sunday May 16, 1999 5pm. Marching In the Light: IWG Benefit Concert. Old
First Reformed Church. 4th and Race, Philadelphia, PA.  See the web page.