Subject: IWG South Dakota FRC Response
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 01:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

May 16, 1999

Argus Leader
Box 5034
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

Dear Editors:

Since you made an exception to your rules in order to
print a letter from Robert F. Regier of the Family
Research Council, we hope you will consider printing
our response:  The Family Research Council is not the
final arbiter of what makes a family, and gender is
not the deciding factor.  Love makes a family.    

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 17 congregations and
organizations and 61 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg           and clergy supporting gay rights,
[email-masked]                      reproductive freedom, and the 
voice: 215-235-3050  fax: 232-0829      separation of church and state.