Subject: IWG Anniston AL Billy Jack Gaither letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:16:06 -0500 (EST)

March 12, 1999

Anniston Star
Box 189
Anniston, AL  36202

Dear Editors:

Thank you for your editorial about Billy Jack Gaither. 
However, we can do even more than preach tolerance and
non-violence, and legislate against hate crimes. We
can stand with those who are systematically oppressed
and speak out against discrimination and for equality
and inclusion of all people.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 17 congregations and
organizations and 61 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg           and clergy supporting gay rights,
[email-masked]                      reproductive freedom, and the 
voice: 215-235-3050  fax: 232-0829      separation of church and state.

Sunday May 16, 1999 5pm. Marching In the Light: IWG Benefit Concert. Old
First Reformed Church. 4th and Race, Philadelphia, PA.  See the web page.