Subject: IWG Ogden Utah sexual minorities and morality
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 23:19:08 -0500 (EST)

November 16, 1998

Standard-Examiner
Box 951
Ogden, UT  84402

Dear Editors:

F. Scott Westbroek (letter, November 14) does not seem
to realize that many leaders in organized religion
believe that "opposition to homosexuals" is both
dangerous and immoral, and contributes to an
environment in which some people believe that violence
against sexual minorities is acceptable.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 16 congregations and
organizations and 60 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.