Subject: IWG St. Paul MN ex-gay letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:10:56 -0400 (EDT)

September 7, 1998

St. Paul Pioneer Press
345 Cedar Street
St. Paul,  MN  55101

Dear Editors:

Regarding your August 30 article about ex-gay
ministries: If people want to change their behavior for
religious reasons, they certainly should be allowed to
go through whatever religious process they feel is
necessary to achieve their goal.  But we think that
it's a shame that anybody thinks that their faith and
their sexual orientation are incompatible, especially
when there are congregations in so many faiths that
accept sexual minorities just as they are.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 15 congregations and
organizations and 59 clergy from 16 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.