Subject: IWG Salt Lake City religious support for gay rights
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:32:38 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 12 congregations and
organizations and 55 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

February 14, 1998

The Salt Lake Tribune
PO Box 867
Salt Lake City, UT   84110

Dear Editor:

Robert Kirby's February 7 column complaining about
Christian treatment of Wendy Weaver was certainly
within the bounds of reasonable criticism, especially
for a semi-humorous piece of writing.  However,
comments such as "Christians. Can't live with them,
can't feed them to lions anymore," reinforce the
incorrect notion that all Christians oppose Ms. Weaver
in particular and gay rights in general. 

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.