Subject: IWG NY Post DP and Marriage
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:48:43 +2000 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 15 congregations and
organizations and 58 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

May 30, 1998

The New York Post
1121 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

Dear Editors:

In their commentaries about domestic partnership and
marriage, William F. Buckley and Ray Kerrigan miss
three important points: 1) civil marriage and religious
marriage are two different things 2) Christianity is
not the only religion in America, and 3) among
Christians and other people of faith there is little
consensus regarding the nature or meaning of marriage.   

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.