Subject: IWG Lincoln NE ex-gay discrimination letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:11:08 -0400 (EDT)

August 15, 1998

Lincoln Journal Star
Box 81689
Lincoln, NE 68501

Dear Editors:

Nobody is questioning Gordon Opp's freedom to choose
his own sexual behavior or his own attractions, to
whatever extent that is possible (letter, August 9). 
The national ad campaign does raise many questions:
Is it correct to portray non-heterosexual behavior as
a pathology?  Can anyone claim that the only correct
choice is heterosexuality?  Should one's ability and
right to choose limit one's legal protections?  

It is significant that the ads are sponsored by
organizations that oppose constitutional rights and
freedoms for sexual minorities. Unless Exodus
dissociates itself from these organizations and
supports equal treatment for all people regardless of
sexual orientation, it is unreasonable to claim that
those objecting to ads for Exodus are trying to
stifle personal choice.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 16 congregations and
organizations and 59 clergy from 16 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.
From [email-masked]  Wed Aug 26 08:28:44 1998
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:27:19 -0700
To: [email-masked]
From: Eros Publishing <[email-masked]>
Subject: Press Release

FETISH GAZETTE

an occasional newsletter about fetish (and other) activities at
BEYOND THE EDGE CAFE
703 E. PIKE
SEATTLE, WA  98122
206-325-6829
[email-masked]
www.powerotic.com/BTE/

A WOMEN'S CROSS DRESSING PLAY PARTY
benefitting the Lesbian Cancer Project

W S Ms Leather 1998, Eileen Fix, will be hosting a Women's Cross Dressing
Play Party on Friday, August 28.  

All Women are encouraged to come in drag, whatever that means to you. Plan
to arrive before 11pm to witness the "floor show" the amazing (albeit
silly) GLAMOUR makeover of Artemis! <for those of you who don't know
Artemis -- she's one terrific butch dyke!>

When:  Friday, August 28th from 9pm-3am
Where:  Moist & Meaty, in W Seattle
Cost:  $7.50 + $2.50 optional donation to the Lesbian Cancer Project
space is limited so make reservations now
call 206 292 8764

Please help make this a fabulous event by attending and telling your friends. 

PANSEXUAL PLAY PARTY, SUNDAY, AUGUST 30 AT BTE

Beyond the Edge Cafe will be hosting our monthly play party this coming
Sunday.  Cost is $15, which includes dinner and play.  The evening starts
at 6:00 PM and goes until at least midnight.  If you are interested in
attending and haven't attended a Sunday party before please e-mail Allena
at [email-masked].  If you have attended Sunday parties in the past and
plan to attend this one, please RSVP to the cafe or Allena.

BTE UNIVERSITY TO START IN SEPTEMBER

Starting September 11, Beyond the Edge Cafe will be presenting classes for
both beginners and advanced players on the second and fourth Fridays prior
to our Friday Night Fetish Parties.

The classes on the second Friday will be geared towards those of you who
are new to BDSM or those looking for a new skill.  The classes on the
fourth Friday will be more advanced and feature some of our more unique
kinks.  Both classes are open to all members of the community, no matter
what you perceive your skill level to be.

In an upcoming mailing we will include a curriculum and the requirements to
receive a BTEU Certificate of Completion.

Some of the upcoming classes being considered are Flogging 101, Caning 101,
Spanking 101, Bondage 101 and 201, Electricity, Medical Toys, and Poly
Relationships, to name a few.  Our first class will be dungeon Etiquette
and Negotiations. (see following article)

We are still looking for ideas and instructors for workshops.  If you have
any suggestions or feel competent to teach a particular class, please let
us know.

DUNGEON ETIQUETTE AND NEGOTIATIONS 

Join us for our first BTEU Class on Friday September 11.  Allena will share
her knowledge of dungeon etiquette and give some pointers on negotiations.
She will discuss the differences between private, semi-private and public
play parties and their special etiquette requirements.  She will also
present ideas to make your own private party successful.

Through two skits she will illustrate how not to act at a play party and
also how not to negotiate with a prospective partner.

The class starts at 7:00 PM and ends at 9:00 PM.  Please be there on time.
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share information.

UPCOMING EVENTS AT BEYOND THE EDGE

September 1, Tuesday  The Women's Welcoming Committee.  A meeting for all
women interested in BDSM.  Especially geared for women new to the
community.  WWC meets upstairs the first Tuesday of every month.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

September 2, Wednesday  SPECTRUM  A discussion group for all female-born,
male identified persons. SPECTRUM meets the first Wednesday of every month.
7:00 PM

September 4, Friday  SSMUT (Seattle Sado-Masochism Unabashed Talk)  Join us
for Seattle's newest roundtable discussion group.
7:30 PM to 11:00 PM

September 8, Tuesday  The Men's Welcoming Committee.  A meeting for all men
interested in BDSM.  Especially geared for men new to the community.  The
MWC meets upstairs the second Tuesday of every month.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

September 11  BTE University  Dungeon Etiquette and Negotiations 101
Join us for our newest event.  Workshops preceding the Friday Night Fetish
Parties.  
$3 to $5
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

September 11  Friday Fetish Night.  Join us for another night of play. $5.00
9:30 PM to 1:30 PM

September 22, Tuesday  No Safeword Writer's Group.  This group of aspiring
(and sometimes perspiring) writers meet each month.  If you have work that
you want to share bring ten or so copies.
6:30 PM until ?  free

September 23, Wednesday  F to M Support Group
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

September 24, Thursday  Heather Alexander  Celtic Musician with an attitude!  
No Cover 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM

September 25  BTE University  To Be Announced
Join us for our newest event.  Workshops preceding the Friday Night Fetish
Parties.  
$3 to $5
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

September 25  Friday Fetish Night.  Join us for another night of play. $5.00
9:30 PM to 1:30 PM

September 27, Sunday  Private Women Only Play Party.  Dinner and Play for
$15.  Call Allena for more information.
6:00 PM until Midnight

Every Thursday we host a "twisted twelve step" for our friends in recovery.
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Every Saturday Night we hold our Fetish Dinners from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Reservations recommended.  Call the cafe for more information.

Every Saturday Night from 10:00 PM to 3:00 AM we have Fetish Night.  $8.00
(new expanded play space)  Call the cafe for more information.

Beyond The Edge Cafe also caters, both in-house and on site.  Try out our
"Breakfast in Bed For As Many Can Fit in a Bed" catering special.

We have space for rent, for both meetings and play.  Call the cafe for more
 information. 

OUR WEBPAGE is www.powerotic.com/BTE/

E-mail to [email-masked]
http://www.wolfenet.com/~aubrey/aubrey.htm