Subject: IWG Fort Worth Normandy Landing Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:03:43 -0400 (EDT)

July 26, 1998

Fort Worth Star Telegram
PO Box 1870
Fort Worth, TX  76101

Dear Editor:

We were alarmed and saddened by quotes from the Family
Research Council about the "Normandy Landing in the
larger cultural war" (Homosexuality Issue Resurfaces,
July 16).  This war is only in the minds of those who
paid for the ad campaign.  The rest of us see only a
struggle for equal treatment under the law, for
peaceful coexistence, for free exercise of religion,
and for basic civility, none of which are an impediment
to the survival of American culture.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 16 congregations and
organizations and 58 clergy from 16 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.