Subject: IWG Chicago Tribune Thank You
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:09:35 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 12 congregations and
organizations and 55 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

March 30, 1998

The Chicago Tribune
435 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611

Dear Editors:

Thank you very much for publishing Steve Kloehn's March
20 comments regarding the Protestant debate over the
morality of homosexuality.  We read almost every
article published in mainstream periodicals in North
America that is related to religion and sexual
orientation.  Of all the stories we have read, Mr.
Kloehn's analysis demonstrated the best grasp of the
underlying issues and the importance and potential
magnitude of the disagreement.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.