Subject: IWG Charleston WV religious left letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 23:25:13 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 12 congregations and
organizations and 56 clergy from 15 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

May 15, 1998

Charleston Gazette
1001 E. Virginia St.
Charleston,WV 25301

Dear Editor:

Thank you for your May 9 editorial, in which you
contrasted the religious right and religious left, and
expressed thanks for the religious left.  We would like
to point out however, that there are people of faith
who concentrate on exactly the same issues as the
religious right, but instead support gay rights,
reproductive freedom, and the separation of church and
state.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.

Sunday, May 31, 4 pm, First Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, 21st and Walnut
Marching in the Light benefit concert http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/concert.html