Subject: IWG Annapolis - People of faith and homosexuality
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:52:35 -0400 (EDT)

August 14, 1998

Annapolis Capital
PO Box 911
Annapolis, MD 21404

Dear Editors:

In response to Pearl Early's letter of August 11, there
are very many Christians working to prevent sexual
minorities from enjoying the same rights as
heterosexuals; there are also many people from many
different faiths actively working for the equal
treatment of gay and lesbian citizens.  Many of us do
not believe that the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah
were all homosexual, that the Bible says that the
people of those cities were killed for consensual same-
sex acts, that God has ever killed anybody for being
gay or lesbian, or that anybody's religious beliefs
should determine somebody else's legal status. 

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

The above letter went out on IWG letterhead listing 16 congregations and
organizations and 59 clergy from 16 religious traditions. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.
-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/iwg/          reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.