Subject: IWG TIME Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:41:06 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 9 congregations and religious
organizations and 38 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

March 26, 1997

Time Magazine
Time & Life Building
Rockefeller Center
New York, NY 10020

Dear Editors:

 Thank you for your story on the Presbyterian Church
(USA), its ongoing struggle with the sexual orientation
of its members, and its relationship to the rest of the
larger community of faith.   It was heartening to see
your magazine giving a realistic portrayal of the
debates over social issues which affect religious
bodies as much as any other institution.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.