Subject: IWG Philadelphia Daily News Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 23:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 48 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

October 14, 1997

Philadelphia Daily News
PO Box 7788
Phila., PA 19101

Dear Editors:

Thank you for the story about MCC Philadelphia.  The
Daily News continues to impress us by breaking down
stereotypes with portrayals of religious diversity. 
Sexual orientation, ethnic background, and religious
belief and practice are found in more combinations
than most people can begin to comprehend. The very
notion of a drag gospel choir undoubtedly helped to
alter some of your readers' perceptions of reality.   

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.