Subject: IWG Daily News Ellen Gray Nothing Sacred Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 49 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

October 3, 1997

Ellen Gray
Philadelphia Daily News
PO Box 7788
Phila., PA 19101

Dear Ms. Gray:

Thank you for your column about the boycott of Nothing
Sacred.  We support the portrayal of people with
diverse religious beliefs, we object to censorship,
and we encourage people to make their feelings known. 
You did an excellent job of articulating those ideas. 
Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Subject: IWG Daily News Catholic Bishops Letter
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:02:35 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 49 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

October 3, 1997

Philadelphia Daily News
PO Box 7788
Phila., PA 19101

Dear Editors:

Thank you for your prominent coverage of the Catholic
bishops' comments about gay children.  While the
statement did not break any new theological ground, it
stated their position eloquently.  More importantly,
the point that our love for each other is more
important than our differences of opinion is one which
cannot bear too much repeating.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.