Subject: IWG Omaha Union Ceremony Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:39:26 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 48 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

September 11, 1997

Omaha World-Herald
World-Herald Square
Omaha, NE  68102

Dear Editors:

Thank you for the September 10 story about the Rev.
Jimmy Creech's officiating at a lesbian couple's union
ceremony.  It is always inspiring to read about a
clergyperson acting on his convictions and beliefs by
standing up for the rights of others, despite the
threat of official sanction from religious
authorities.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.