Subject: IWG Lewiston Maine Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:57:15 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 45 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

August 14, 1997

The Lewiston Sun-Journal
104 Park Street
Lewiston, ME  04240

Dear Editors:

A recent article about the attempt to veto the sexual
orientation non-discrimination law described used the
unqualified phrase "Christian groups" to refer to the
groups organizing the veto effort.  This usage ignores
the variety of opinions among Christians and Christian
organizations concerning both sexual orientation and
gay rights legislation.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.