Subject: IWG Inquirer Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 44 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

August 9, 1997

The Philadelphia Inquirer
PO Box 8263
Phila., PA 19101

Dear Editors:

Robert V. Speck's letter about the inherent futility of
reforming the church from within was historically
inaccurate.  If reformers working for equality for
women and sexual minorities within the church were not
succeeding, Rev. Moyer and other "Conservative
Episcopalians" would not be "in revolt."  

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.