Subject: IWG Honolulu Advertiser Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:36:02 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 43 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

July 22, 1997

Honolulu Advertiser
PO Box 3110
Honolulu, HI  96802

Dear Editor:

Debi Hartmann of Hawaii's Future Today is correct in
saying that being in favor of traditional-marriage is
not the same as being anti-gay.  Nor is it the same as
being opposed to the legal recognition of the marriages
of same-gender couples.  However, Ms. Hartmann's
organization is opposed to the legal recognition of the
marriages of same-gender couples and is, therefore,
reasonably classified as anti-gay.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.