Subject: IWG Danbury News-Times letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 00:57:14 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 3 congregations, 6 religious
organizations and 38 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

March 21, 1997

The News-Times
333 Main St.
Danbury, CT 06810

Dear Editors:

We found your articles about safe-zones for gay
students at Brookfield High School to be thorough,
informative, and unfortunately misleading.  After
discussing the theological motivations of the Houde
family and a local Lutheran minister who agreed with
them, the subject of religion never came up again. 
Your readers are thus left with the mistaken impression
that homosexuality is opposed by religious people and
only accepted by areligious people.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.