Subject: IWG Charlotte Observer letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 20:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 9 congregations and religious
organizations and 38 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

April 6, 1997

The Charlotte Observer
PO Box 2138
Charlotte, NC 28233

Dear Editors:

We have been consistently impressed with your coverage
of the arts funding debate over the last few weeks,
especially in your effort to discuss the religious
motivations of those on both sides.  We have also been
impressed by the many people of Charlotte who have been
willing to stand up and express their faith-based
ideals despite unpopularity of their views in the
community of faith and charges that they are acting on
nothing but a desire to be politically correct.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.