Subject: IWG Boston Globe Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 12:19:57 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 39 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

May 25, 1997

The Boston Globe
Box 2378
Boston,  MA  02107

Dear Editor:

Thank you for reporting on the decision of College
Avenue United Methodist Church to join the Reconciling
Congregation Movement in support of sexual minorities. 
We applaud the congregation's decision to enter into
this rapidly growing ministry of justice, atonement,
and reconciliation.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.