Subject: IWG Boston Globe Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 00:16:48 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 3 congregations, 6 religious
organizations and 37 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

March 4, 1997

The Boston Globe
Box 2378
Boston,  MA  02107

Dear Editor:

While we appreciated your editorial about African-
American churches and AIDS awareness, it left the
unfortunate (and incorrect) impression that all
African-American churches and clergy everywhere teach
that homosexuality is morally wrong.  Recognizing
diversity in our society means not only recognizing the
contributions of many groups; it also means not trying
to reduce each group to a single definition, ignoring
the diversity within it.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.