Subject: IWG Augusta Chronicle Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 23:19:17 -0500 (EST)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 3 congregations, 6 religious
organizations and 38 clergy from 13 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

March 13, 1997

The Augusta Chronicle
Box 1928
Augusta, GA  30913

Dear Editors:

Many people of faith support equal rights for sexual
minorities not because they themselves are gay, or as
David R. Smith put it, because they are "brainwashed
flunkies," but because they believe in the moral
equivalence of same-gender relationships and that God
requires them to act on their faith by supporting the
most marginalized members of society.  This represents
a fundamental disagreement over what God requires of
us, not a hatred of God as Smith contends.  

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.