Subject: IWG Ask Beth letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 41 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

June 19, 1997

Ask Beth
The Boston Globe
Box 2378
Boston,  MA  02107

Dear Beth:

Thank you very much for recommending "Prayers for
Bobby" to your readers, and for making such a positive
and progressive response to such an emotional and
unfortunately touchy subject.  Your approach sets a
standard that we can only pray all other advice
columnists will follow.  Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.