Subject: IWG Akron Catholic Bishops Letter
From: Interfaith Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:04:16 -0400 (EDT)

The following went out on IWG letterhead listing 10 congregations and religious
organizations and 49 clergy from 14 faiths and denominations. If you are in 
the general Philadelphia area and represent a congregation or religious 
organization or are clergy, let us know if you want to be added - all faiths 
are welcome. We will also be happy to help start similar organizations in 
other areas.

October 5, 1997

Akron Beacon Journal
44 E. Exchange Street
Akron, OH  44328

Dear Editor:

	Thank you for your very positive editorial
regarding the Catholic bishops' letter.  We sincerely
hope and pray that individual congregations, inside and
outside the Catholic church, will learn from and
honestly discuss the life stories of members who are
sexual minorities or who have sexual minority children. 
We cannot overcome hatred until we discuss difficult
issues openly and with candor instead of treating
people as abstract concepts or statistics.

Sincerely,
Barbara Purdom     Christopher Purdom
Interfaith Working Group Coordinators

-- 

Interfaith Working Group                Religious organizations, congregations
[email-masked]                      and clergy supporting gay rights,
http://www.libertynet.org/~iwg/         reproductive freedom, and the 
215-235-3050                            separation of church and state.