From: Sam Damon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 1994 01:49:38 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sat, 02 Apr 1994 18:43:48 -0700
> Subject: Easter Bible Question
> From: An Anonymous Sender
>
> Is it true that there are no references to lesbianism in the Bible?

When Queen Victoria was asked to sign a law criminalizing homosexuality, she
asked that the reference to lesbianism be eliminated because such things
just don't exist.  Such ignorance was probably part of biblical history too.

Here, however, are is a reference that may be interpreted as somewhat
lesbian -

According to LOOKING AT GAY AND LESBIAN LIFE (p 174, WJ Blumenfeld & D
Raymond), "indeed, the words now recited as part of many wedding vows were
in fact said by Ruth to Naomi:

 'Where you go, I will go, and where you stay, I will stay.  Your people
shall be my people, and your god my god.  Where you die, I will die, and
there I will be buried.  I swear a solemn oath before the lord your god:
nothing but death shall divide us.'  [Ruth 1:16-18]"

The above mentioned book, incidentially, is one of the best resource and
reference guides I have ever seen on lesbigay culture.