From: [email-masked] (R'ykandar Korra'ti)

1/24/94

Dear Friend of the GLB Community:

The attacks from the right continue. During our national celebration last 
year at the March On Washington, Dr. D. James Kennedy, head of Coral Ridge 
Ministries, aired a special program showing an example of how a life renewed 
by salvation through Jesus Christ can "free" us from "the homosexual 
lifestyle." (As if our sexual orientations can be changed simply by becoming 
Christians.) During the broadcast, he promoted a survey that he would use to 
publicize the position of the radical Christiam right to our government 
leaders. After 8 months, the survey has finally been forwarded, and it is 
time to let Dr. Kennedy, as well as our government leaders, know what WE 
think.

What Dr. Kennedy fails to realize, as do several other well-meaning 
Christian figures, is that sexual orientation is not an addiction, nor a 
lifestyle, nor innately evil. It is simply one of the many facets of our 
intricate personalities.

I am certain many of you have experienced first-hand the rejection and 
hatred of those who believe that homosexuality and all homosexuals are evil 
because they are simply taught that "the Bible says so." And I'll wager that 
as many of you have experienced the conditional acceptance the radical 
Christian right offers: "If you overcome your orientation God will love you 
and you will and find a place in society." Do you remember holding on to 
that promise of change? A promise that never materialized? Do you remember 
the taunts "GAY: Got AIDS Yet?" or "Two Gay Rights" AIDS and HELL!"? I do.

How ironic it is that the radical right condemns "the homosexual lifestyle" 
for its promiscuity, yet staunchly refuses to encourage the more traditional 
lifestyle choices of committed monogamous relationships and family-rearing 
among gays and lesbians. This must change!

There are many of us out there -- it is not a fluke! Many of us have family 
leanings and long to particiate in the traditions of love and marriage. Yet, 
because we have accepted our orientations as an innate part of who we are, 
we have chosen to pursue those leanings with a mate of the same gender. This 
does not preclude us from entering into these revered institutions! This 
does not render us incapable or unsuitable for these important 
responsibilities.

It is time to let our leaders know that Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals are 
ready, willing and exceedingly qualified to participate in ALL segments of 
society, including marriage and family. It is time to let them know how 
blatantly false the stereotypes are, to let them know that EQUAL rights are 
not special rights, to let them know that the gender of the object of one's 
love and commitment does not in any way minimize the virtue inherent in that 
love and commitment.

Included below is the text of Dr. Kennedy's letter and Survey. Please help 
the cause by completing the survey, and sending one copy Dr. Kennedy, and 
another copy to the "1994 Survey" PO Box for independent verification. If 
Dr. Kennedy fails to forward results to our leaders that are perchance 
FAVORABLE to the GLB community, we need the evidence to back up the 
alternative position.

This is a grass-roots effort. Your participation is VERY important! Please 
take two stamps, and the time and effort to complete this survey. Let your 
opinion be known!

1994 Survey
Family Traditions For All
Suite 156
15127 N.E. 24th St.
Redmond, WA  98052-5547

 ----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. D. James Kennedy
Coral Ridge Ministries

January 3, 1994

Dear Christian Friend,

America needs to hear your voice!

Our national, spiritual, educational, business and governmental
leadership is moving purposefully forward with policies that are
moving our country further away from its Christian foundations than
ever before. It is imperative, my friend, that we raise our voices
against  the fog of bureaucratic double-talk and liberal dogma
saturating this country.

The first few months of the new year will be filled with predictions
and poll results that claim to represent national opinion. Many well-
intentioned people will even come to accept these published results as
absolute truth -- when in fact, our Christian viewpoint is missing
from them.

If we do not take the time to speak for ourselves, other voices will
claim to speak for us -- including the professional pollsters,
politicians, the news media, newspapers and liberal activist groups.
That's why you will find your 1994 State of the Nation Survey
enclosed.  Please take a few minutes right now to complete all 21
questions and  return it to me in the enclosed, specially marked
envelope.

I, for one, want my voice to be counted, and I hope to add yours and
many, many others together to open the ears of this country's people
before it is too late. With the courts, executive branch officials and
other opinion leaders so favorably tuned to liberal and radical
doctrine, someone must bring the Christian viewpoint as a priority to
this nation.

Please return your completed survey quickly. During the first few
months of the new year, the news media, business and other leaders are
particularly sensitive to poll results. Our combined voices will have
added impact if we can tabulate and distribute our results as soon as
possible.

Each question on your State of the Nation survey is new for 1994. In
the past we maintained some of the same questions from year to year,
but in the second year of this new administration, the number of
critical issues is so great, we felt we had to begin anew. But the
impact we can have on this nation's opinion leaders is in your hands
and those of other Coral Ridge Ministries' friends. Our Survey
results, backed up by thousands and thousands of voices -- including
yours and mine -- will be so commanding it cannot be ignored. 1994
will be a year of assessing the progress of the country under its
increased non-Christian influence and we don't want the news media to
blanket the nation with the message that "all's well."

For maximum effectiveness, our 1994 State of the Nation Survey results
will be distributed to:

        * The White House Staff, the President, the Cabinet and other
          opinion leaders
        * Opinion leaders in Congress
        * Major national news magazine editorial departments
        * Broadcast officials of ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN
        * Major city newspapers
        * Leading Christian publications

Most importantly, we will blanket the country with our results through
the Coral Ridge Ministries Sunday morning broadcast hour on 365
stations, reaching millions of households and also through our Truths
That Transform daily radio broadcast heard over 350 stations.

There is absolutely no reason that we, as Christians, must be treated
as a "great, silent majority" or that godliness and the fight for
religious freedoms should be deemed important only to old-fashioned,
Bible-thumping fanatics. When there is confusion, it is possible for
Satan to move in and seize a great advantage. Today, I see not only
confusion, but a real lack of moral conviction in all kinds of
leadership. And I firmly believe -- Satan does not overlook
opportunities like this.

If the biased news media, the slanted broadcasting industry, or
special interest groups "speak out" for America without being
challenged, the results will be disastrous. It is imperative that ALL
sides of the issues be presented, or ungodliness will run rampant and
unopposed. Christian views concerning health care, the impact on the
family and the church of taxes, medically-assisted suicide, the impact
of easier to obtain abortions, access to Christian education,
homosexuality as a right, the sex education of our teens to include a
condom in every pocket, the continuing glorification of secular
humanism, etc., must be heard.

We must reclaim our country, one heart at a time -- and the
distribution of our 1994 Survey results will be a public testimony to
the power God's people can have when they band together and speak as
one for biblical principals. Believe me, our 1994 battle for spiritual
renewal and religious freedom will not be easy. Too many of our
enemies are parading like roaring lions ready to devour all of us who
dare to oppose them.

Special interest groups would rejoice greatly if Christians would be
silent on the moral implications of abortion, euthanasia, medically-
assisted suicide, pornography and homosexuality. There are other well-
funded liberal organizations who have done everything possible to draw
America from a Christ-centered viewpoint. They would like nothing more
than to see ministries like ours silenced. If Coral Ridge Ministries
were to go off the air, they would see it as a great victory. Our
enemies want us to be confused and without specific direction. This
makes it even more painful when I hear well-meaning Christians say
their "opinions probably don't count." Too many have simply lost
confidence in what ONE motivated person can do. And when people lose
confidence, then positive meaningful action stops. We, as Christians,
become immobilized and Satan can exercise evil to the fullest extent.

Together we can and we must make our opinion leaders and the public
aware of what the Bible says about the issues of the day. Please fill
in your 1994 Survey, and return it in the specially marked "Survey
Tabulation" envelope today. I'm counting on you to help all you
possibly can. Please believe me that you, as one person, can make a
real difference. Don't be frustrated by the opposition...you DO count!

May God bless you as we labor together to confront our enemies and
make our Christian views known. We can help shape our nation's
priorities -- with Christ as the center!

For God and Country,
D. James Kennedy, Ph.D.

+-----------------------------------------------------+
| 1994        State of the Nation Survey         1994 |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
|                                                     |
| Please complete the following survey, and mail to:  |
|                                                     |
|       Dr. D. James Kennedy                          |
|       Coral Ridge Ministries                        |
|       P.O. Box 407132                               |
|       Ft. Lauderdale, FL  33340-7132                |
|                                                     |
| Write "State of the Nation Survey Enclosed" on the  |
| upper left hand corner of the envelope.             |
|                                                     |
|                                                     |
| And, to keep Dr. Kennedy accountable to the results |
| of his survey, please send a duplicate of your      |
| completed survey to:                                |
|                                                     |
|       1994 Survey                                   |
|       Family Traditions For All                     |
|       Suite 156                                     |
|       15127 N.E 24th St.                            |
|       Redmond, WA  98052-5547                       |
|                                                     |
| Any personal or contact information, if included,   |
| will be kept strictly condfidential.                |
|                                                     |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
| 1994        State of the Nation Survey         1994 |
+-----------------------------------------------------+

From: _________________________

      _________________________

      _________________________

      _________________________

1.  Do you think American families are weakened by over-taxation?

                Yes             No              Undecided

2.  Would you be willing to pay additional taxes for more prisons and
    police to comply with the biblical mandate to punish crime?

                Yes             No              Undecided

3.  Is government controlled health care consistent with biblical
    principals.

                Yes             No              Undecided

4.  Does federal funding of abortion under every circumstance violate
    the Christian conscience?

                Yes             No              Undecided

5.  If health-care rationing were to occur, do you think the elderly
    and unborn would be placed at greater risk?

                Yes             No              Undecided

6.  Do you believe that suicide or "medically assisted" suicide is an
    acceptable moral option for someone facing a terminal illness?

                Yes             No              Undecided

7.  Do you believe that legalized gambling (lotteries, horse/dog racing
    and casinos) is a moral way to raise tax revenues?

                Yes             No              Undecided

8.  Should the National Endowment for the Arts continue to use your tax
    dollars to fund lesbian homosexual art?

                Yes             No              Undecided

9.  Do you believe that sex education courses that teach "safe sex" and
    the use of condoms encourage immoral behavior?

                Yes             No              Undecided

10. Should abstinence-based sex-education courses be allowed in the
    public schools?

                Yes             No              Undecided

11. Are you in favor of voluntary prayer in the public schools?

                Yes             No              Undecided

12. Do you favor educational choice: Giving parents a voucher or tax
    credit to be used by parents to pay the tuition at the school of
    their choice -- public or private?

                Yes             No              Undecided

13. Do you agree that homosexuals should be granted special rights
    based on their sexual preference in the areas of housing and
    employment?

                Yes             No              Undecided

14. Do you have confidence that the Social Security Administration
    will be able in 20 years to fulfill its duty to meet the promises
    made to contributors today?

                Yes             No              Undecided

15. Do you think ministers should speak out more often on today's
    pressing national issues?

                Yes             No              Undecided

16. Do you think that local prosecutors should more vigorously
    prosecute adult bookstore owners under anti-obscenity laws?

                Yes             No              Undecided

17. Do you believe there is a link between pornography and sexually
    violent crime?

                Yes             No              Undecided

18. Do you believe that Christians are being discriminated against in
    the national news media?

                Yes             No              Undecided

19. Do you believe Christians are being well-represented in the media?

                Yes             No              Undecided

20. Do you think Christians should be more involved in the political
    process?

                Yes             No              Undecided

21. Which two of the following issues concern you most:

        Tax increases                   Special rights for gays

        Health care reforms             Federal deficit spending

        Loss of religious freedom       Abortion/mercy killing

        Other_________________________________________________

22. Additional comments:______________________________________

______________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________