Subject: c.c.watch alert 6/19
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 19:43:59 -0400

To: c.c.watch Internet Network
Subject: Alert forwarded at request of  People For the American Way (FL
office)
Date: June 18, 1995

STAND UP FOR RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!/CONGRESSIONAL HEARING IN TAMPA

On June 23rd, The Constitution Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee,
chaired by Rep. Charles Canady (R-Lakeland FL) will hold a field hearing  in
Tampa. The announced subject is "Religious Liberty and the Bill of Rights,"
but the focus will likely be the need for a "religious liberty" amendment to
The Constitution.* Your attendance at this hearing is crucial!

1) Call your member of Congress at 202/-------- and urge them to reject
governmental meddling which will undoubtedly disparage the rights of
religious minorities.

2) Attend the field hearing on June 23rd at Jefferson High School at 4423
Cypress Avenue between Lois and Westshore from 10AM-2PM. Your attendance is
crucial!

3) Alert neighbors (especially in the Tampa area) and encourage them to do
the same!

Thank you!

* In its "Contract with the American Family," the Christian Coalition has
called for a Religious Equality Amendment to the Constitution.

(c.c.watch is an independent newsletter which monitors the "religious right."
For more information or to subscribe you can send a message via e-mail or
call 305/751-5001.)