From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 11:26:31 -0500

l join with other pro-family
organizations from across the nation who are traveling to Des Moines, Iowa on
Saturday the 10th of February to announce their support for a National
Campaign to Protect Marriage.  The National Campaign to Protect Marriage will
be officially announced and explained to the press and public at a press
conference and rally to be held at First Federated Church, 4801 Franklin in
Des Moines beginning at 7:00 PM.
     
Presidential Candidates Alexander, Buchanan, Dornan, Dole, Keyes, Gramm and
Lugar have confirmed they will be in attendance at the rally and have signed
the Marriage Protection Resolution. Candidate Forbes also signed the Marriage
Protection Resolution and said he is attempting to rearrange his schedule so
he can attend the rally.

The Marriage Protection Resolution will be announced, and a factual, dramatic
new video, "THE ULTIMATE TARGET OF THE GAY AGENDA: SAME SEX MARRIAGE," will
be made available to the public. Organizers expect 4000 voters to attend the
rally.

The National Campaign to Protect Marriage will use every available means to
expose the destructive, demoralizing, disruptive, extensive impact of
legalizing same-sex marriage. No segment of our society would be exempt from
its repercussions, especially the children.

For more information on the rally, and to obtain an advance copy of the
Marriage Protection Resolution being supported by the presidential
candidates, please contact the National Campaign to Protect Marriage at (513)
733-8908. for more information on the National Campaign to Protect Marriage
at the local and state level, please contact Colorado for Family Values at
(719) 577-4916. END

NOTES from the Internet on the above:

* An anti-marriage bill has just passed the Iowa House Judiciary Committee
18-0 with 3 abstentions.  It is expected to "fly" through the full House as
early as this weekend. The measure has been worded very cleverly.  It doesn't
say anything about same-gender marriage.  It merely says that the state will
not recognize any marriage performed in another state which would be illegal
in Iowa, and they billed it as "strengthening the marriage law." A
candlelight vigil is being organized outside the church in Des Moines where
the rally is being held to protest this attack on the lesbian and gay
community and the GOP candidates' crass participation. Bill Horn ("The
Report") is reported to be involved in this situation. 
    
* Ground Zero ([email-masked]) has been advised that Kevin Tebedo, the
recently separated Executive Director of  Colorado for Family Values is a
core leader of this new movement and was involved in the sending out of this
press release to the media.  Ground Zero also is aware that when one calls
for the advance copy of the video and the resolution, one reaches the offices
of EQUAL RIGHTS NOT SPECIAL RIGHTS in Cincinnati, Ohio, where one is advised
to send $15 or more to obtain copies. That address is P. O. Box 62686,
Cincinnati, OH 45262. EQUAL RIGHTS NOT SPECIAL RIGHTS is the anti-gay
organization that is Colorado for Family Value's equivalent in Cincinnati to
whom CFV sent $400,000 in the recent political campaign there. Ground Zero is
the gay rights advocacy organization in Colorado Springs that is found daily
on the frontlines in the Belly of the Beast and Vatican of Fundamentalism.

(For more information or to subscribe to the complete, unique and timely
reportage/commentary of The "c.c.watch" Electronic News Service, call
800/Watch97.  We constantly monitor newspapers, magazines, television, the
Internet, selected events, on-line data bases, direct mail pieces, and
receive reports from "c.c.watchers" around the country--in order to
disseminate information that the public might never otherwise receive. Annual
subscriptions are: $29.95 for individuals; $39.95 for organizations; $49.95
for the media. Checks can be made out to Public-Spirited Enterprises and sent
to: 3741 NE 163rd St, Suite 311, Sunny Isles, FL 33160. Florida residents
please add state sales tax.)