= = = = = = = = = = = = =

"The Far Right, Speaking for Themselves"

Birth Control
-------------

To be against abortion and not against contraception - it makes no
sense because both of them are the same mentality.

         -- Nancy O'Brien, Anti-Choice Activist, Introducing Joan
            Andrews, March 11, 1989

Meanwhile, let it be clear what we do: we fight contraception-
sterilization-abortion on six continents...

         -- Fr. Paul Marx, President, Human Life International, In
            his brochure, HUMAN LIFE INTERNATIONAL EXPLAINED

I don't think Christians should use birth control.  You consummate
your marriage as often as you like - and if you have babies, you have
babies...

         -- Randall Terry, Executive Director, Operation Rescue, 
            PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER, June 26, 1988

...once contraception is accepted and the purposes of sex are
separated from procreation and marriage, sterilization and abortion
become acceptable, and then infanticide, the precursor of outright
euthanasia.  Furthermore, homosexuality and unnatural sexual
activities become "natural and normal," the venereal diseases get out
of control, divorce and illegitimacy rates mount, and the family
swiftly disintegrates.

         -- Valerie Riches, Anti Family-Planning Educator, In her
            brochure, CONTRACEPTION'S LEGACY

The so-called Christian world is contracepting itself out of
existence.

         -- Fr. L. Kieffer, HLI REPORTS, August 1989

...the Pro-Life Action League opposes *all* forms of contraception...

         -- Joseph Scheidler, Executive Director, Pro-Life Action
            League, THE WANDERER, August 10, 1989

We are totally opposed to abortion under any circumstances.  We are
also opposed to abortifacient drugs and chemicals like the Pill and
the IUD, and we are also opposed to all forms of birth control with
the exception of natural family planning.

         -- Judie Brown, President, American Life League, Population
            Institute advertisement, "How Dense Can We Get?" THE NEW
            YORK TIMES, October 6, 1985

I would never give artificial birth control to an unmarried person...

         -- Judie Brown, "NIGHTLINE" July 21, 1989
..
Griswold v. Connecticut first established and guaranteed the "right
of privacy" in the conjugal act.  Sexual love, however, in a most
profound way is anything but "private."  Its very purpose is to break
the bonds of privacy by physical consummation of an unreserved gift
of self.  The contraceptive, however, denies the meaning of marital
love by falsifying its bodily expression.  Love is no longer
unreserved; something is held back.  "I cannot love all of you," the
contraceptive says, "because I cannot love all that might be created
by you."

         -- Edmund Miller, Anti-Abortion Commentator, FIDELITY, 
            October 1989

Sexuality Education
-------------------

Resist, expose, or stop immediately every public school or group sex
education program, no matter what it is called or how it is diffused
into the curriculum.

         -- Fr. Paul Marx, In his brochure, FROM CONTRACEPTION TO 
            ABORTION

Sex education classes are like in-home sales parties for abortion.

         -- Phyllis Schlafly, President, Eagle Forum, HUMAN EVENTS,
            May 18, 1985

"Self-esteem" [has been] promoted over and over again as the new
panaccea, along with teaching "responsibility."  However, parents
must remember that "self-esteem" is a double-edged sword.  While it
may be true that a child needs a great deal of self-confidence to
reject undesirable peer influence, it will, at the same time, require
a defiantly self-confident child to have the courage to violate his
or her family values and/or Judeo-Christian heritage, and engage in
the "responsible" promiscuity being promoted by the liberal sex
educators.

         -- Margo Szews, Anti-Choice Educator, A.L.L. ABOUT ISSUES, 
            June - July 1989

It's very healthy for a young girl to be deterred from promiscuity by
fear of contracting a painful, incurable diseasse, or cervical
cancer, or sterility, or the likelihood of giving birth to a dead,
blind or brain-damaged baby even ten years later when she may be
happily married.

         -- Phyllis Schlaffly, PHYLLIS SCHLAFFLY REPORT, June 9, 1981

One of the most devastating enemies of the family is radical sex
education in the public school.  It is more explicit than necessary
for the good of the child.  Too much sex education too soon causes
undue curiosity and obsession with sex.

         -- Beverly LaHaye, Concerned Women for America, April 1981

What masquerades as sex education is not education at all.  It is
selective propaganda which artificially encourages children to
participate in adult sex, while it censors out the facts of life
about the unhappy consequences.  It is robbing children of their
childhood.

         -- Phyllis Schlaffly, PHYLLIS SCHLAFFLY REPORT, "What's
            Wrong With Sex Education?" February 1981

Sexuality
---------

Christians maintain a higher enjoyment level in the intimacy of their
love life than the population in general.

         -- Beverly LaHaye, In her book, THE ACT OF MARRIAGE, THE
            BEAUTY OF SEXUAL LOVE, 1976

There is absolutely nothing loving about sex... Lust is as
destructive of love inside of marriage as it is outside.

         -- Fr. John H. McGoey, Anti-Family Planning Educator, Human
            Life International Symposium on Human Sexuality, 
            April 25, 1986

Feminism
--------

For those of you who don't know, you know [sic] that after about
three or four years of concern on this issue the board of the
National Right to Life Committee voted to oppose ERA.

         -- Dr. John Willke, President, National Right to Life
            Committee, "Weekend" January 27, 1979

Morality
--------

For those who say I can't impose my morality on others, I say just
watch me.

         -- Joseph Scheidler, Executive Director, Pro-Life Action
            League, PRO-LIFE ACTION NEWS, August 8, 1989

If only the Catholics would stick together and live up to their Faith
[as regards birth control], they could control the world and the
world's morality.

         -- Dr. Claude Newbury, Director, HLI Johannesburg, HLI 
            SPECIAL REPORT, No. 62

Poverty
-------

To me, one of the most exciting things in the world is being poor,
and survival, such an exciting challenge.

         -- Thomas S. Monaghan, Founder, Domino's Pizza and Legatus,
            NATIONAL CATHOLIC REPORTER, March 23, 1990

Incest, Rape
------------

Sex education classes in our public schools are promoting incest.

         -- Rev. Jimmy Swaggart, "Jimmy Swaggart Hour" 
            August 19, 1984

Inbreeding is how we get championship horses.

         -- Carl Gunter, State Representative, Louisiana, Remarks
            supporting anti-abortion legislation, June 27, 1990

I don't think we should punish the criminal [a rapist] by killing his
child.

         -- Dr. John Willke, "Searche for Common Ground" Taped for
            Television April 1989

AIDS
----

I see a divine hand in this AIDS thing.

         -- Dr. John Willke, "Planned Parenthood and Sex Clinics"
            Fundraising Audiotape Mailout for Dr. James C Dobson's
            "Focus on the Family" Late winter 1987

Indeed, to quarantine a person with AIDS or the AIDS virus does
entail a loss, in the short run, of human freedom.  Agreed.  But the
idea of human freedom isn't now, and never has been, absolute.
Besides, in the long run, as I have noted, all people with AIDS die.

         -- John Lofton, Anti-Choice Columnist, THE WASHINGTON TIMES,
            March 31, 1989

Abortion
--------

You can't stop abortion without fighting contraception: it is the
gateway to abortion.  Not one of the 81 countries I've worked in has
nice "clean" contraception without abortion - not one.  Once there's
contraception - separating sexual activity from procreation and
teaching people to use each other's bodies for selfish pleasure -
abortion is always used as a backup.

         -- Fr. Paul Marx, PRO-LIFE/FAMILY CATALOG, 1991

There is no difference between killing a four-year-old child and
aborting a pre-born 3-month old [fetus].

         -- Randall Terry, In his film, "Higher Laws"

Anti-Abortion Pregnancy Counseling Centers
------------------------------------------

Never counsel for contraception or refer to agencies making
contraceptives available.  Some volunteers may feel it is the lesser
of two evils, reasoning that if the girl is going to be sexually
active anyway, why not at least help her from getting pregnant with
contraceptives.  This type of thinking is not only inaccurate but
unacceptable and against the general pro-life philosophy, and
Christian principles.

         -- Robert J. Pearson, President, The Pearson Foundation, In
            his guidebook, HOW TO START AND OPERATE A PRO-LIFE OUT-
            REACH PREGNANCY SERVICE CENTER, 1984

Clinic Harassment
-----------------

For instance, several years ago we tracked down a twelve-year-old
girl who was going to have an abortion so that we could talk her out
of it.  Talking a woman out of having an abortion is not news.  But
tracking her down using a private detective is.

         -- Joseph Scheidler, CLOSED: 99 WAYS TO STOP ABORTION, 1985

Clinic Violence
---------------

Destroying property is sometimes a good way to save lives.

         -- Mary Meehan, Anti-Choice Columnist, THE NATIONAL CATHOLIC
            REGISTER, October 12, 1986

If we fail to make non-violent action a real, viable, obviously
strong possibility... then I think we're going to drift into guerilla
warfare.

         -- John Cavanaugh-O'Keefe, Director, Prolife Nonviolent 
            Action Project, NATIONAL CATHOLIC REGISTER, January 4,
            1987

I am not a pacafist, I celebrate the Fourth of July and all that
means, which was guns and bullets to get freedom.

         -- Randall Terry, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER, March 20, 1989

Whoever did this [planted a pipe bomb at the Margaret Sanger Center]
is a hero.  I think they are heroes.  The Bible commands us to rescue
those being dragged to death.

         -- Nancy O'Brien, Co-Director, Project Jericho, "Channel 9
            News" WCTO-TV, February 23, 1987

Nat Goldstein and Jim Simmons in Florida, Curtis Beseda out west who
has destroyed abortion clinics, these men are looked up to by my arm
of the movement as the foremost heroes of the movement...

         -- James J. Candit, Jr., Cincinnatus Party's perennial 
            candidate for city council, "Mike Cuthbert Show" WCKY-AM
            January 22, 1987

###

--
When a man loves a woman, he supports her right to choose.

     _____     __      __      Pro-woman,      /   -=* Jay T Stein *=-
   |   |      |  \    /        Pro-family,    /
   |   |  in  |   |  |         Pro-child,    <  Internet: [email-masked]
|__|   |      |__/    \__      PRO-CHOICE.    \    GEnie: J.STEIN18
                                               \
"Being pro-abortion is a self-correcting problem! ;-)"   -- Suzanne Forgach
"Satan invented sex."                                    -- c.u.l. protester
"[Pro-choicers] will wind up exterminating themselves."  -- Mike Schwartz