Subject: how to subscribe to c.c.watch
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 17:14:59 -0400

To: The "c.c.watch" Internet Network
From:  Paula Xanthopoulou, Editor
Date: June 26, 1995

You have been receiving  news--alerts and updates--about the "religious
right" courtesy of  The "c.c.watch" Internet Network.  You will from
time-to-time continue to receive alerts, especially when we must send a
message for help to Fight the Right.  If you do not wish to receive this
occasional e-mail, please send us a message to that effect.  (If you know
someone else who should also receive these alerts, please send us her/his
e-mail address.)

A number of people have been asking how they can subscribe to "c.c.watch" and
receive our monthly newsletter and all of our e-mailings.  To make things
simpler for everyone, we are taking the liberty of broadcasting the
subscription information to all those people who have been receiving our
alerts.

Subscriptions are $29.95 for individuals and $39.95 for organizations/media.
(Add $10 for all subscriptions AIR MAIL to Europe, etc.) The "c.c.watch"
hardcopy newsletter is 8-10 pages and is published 10 times a year. It is
chock full of timely news, information, and documentation of the activities
of  The Christian Coalition and its fellow travelers.  It also talks about
those people/groups which have organized a response. 

"c.c.watch" subscribers receive a bonus of e-mailings--not just alerts, but
also updates and articles--in-between issues. Current subscribers include:
NARAL, Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund, NOW Legal Defense, NY City Gay & Lesbian
Anti-Violence Project, The Washington Blade, Women Leaders On-line, The
Nation, Feminist Women's Health Project, and Working Assets Long Distance.

We began publishing the "c.c.watch" newsletter in March and have since had
one of our articles published in the "Freedom Writer" newsletter of the
Institute for First Amendment Studies (May '95) and been the subject of a
syndicated article by Jennifer Graham, religion writer for The State
(Columbia, SC/April 8th). In  recent days we have been called upon for
information/help by Sen. Arlen Specter's legislative aide, a researcher
helping Bobby Kennedy, Jr., write a book, The New York Times, the Gay &
Lesbian Journalists' Association, and People For the American Way...in
addition to responding to a piece by Irving Kristol which appeared in The
Wall Street Journal

On C-Span's Sunday Journal (June 18th, Father's Day!) Christian Coalition
Executive Director Ralph Reed said that a great deal of his organization's
success was due to training of volunteers.  What are those training programs
like, how many people really attend, when do they take place?  The
July-August issue of  "c.c.watch" will include an exclusive, firsthand report
from inside a recent Christian Coalition training seminar--plus our usual
smorgasbord of articles, summaries, follow-up, commentary, and other goodies.

By subscribing to "c.c.watch" you make possible the research, writing and
print/electronic publishing of information that most Americans might never
receive otherwise.  Our mission is to make America aware of the insidious and
dangerous nature of the "Christian Coalition"--especially in the critical
next fifteen months.  We also prod other members of the media to report on
the substantive issues involved.  A subscription to "c.c.watch" not only
supports the work but widens the network as you in turn spread the
information by Internet or by interactions with your local community.  Many
subscribers have become "c.c.watchers" and forward or mail us relevant
information. 

We are working very hard to build a more far-reaching and more effective
"c.c.watch" Internet Network. We thank you for your interest in our work and
your own efforts to Fight the Right!

Sincerely,  Paula Xanthopoulou, Editor of  "c.c.watch"

(For more information or to subscribe by credit card you can call
305/751-5001. Or you can send a check made out to "Public-Spirited
Enterprises" to: 3741 NE 163rd St., Suite 311, Sunny Isles, FL 33160. Florida
residents please add state sales tax.)