Subject: Camp Sister Spirit
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:12:42 -0400 (EDT)

Evidently a pastor near Ovett, Mississippi, site of Camp Sister Spirit, is
inviting Paul Cameron in to speak to fundamentalists in the area.  Paul
Cameron, of course, is THE one person most responsible for spreading
horrifying distortions and misinformation about gays and lesbians in this
country.

Camp Sister Spirit, the lesbian-feminist retreat in southern Mississippi,
tells me that everytime the fundamentalists get riled up about the camp by
preachers or others, they suffer two weeks of harassment.

What makes it even worse this time around is that Brenda Henson's 92-year-old
mother is in the dying process and the Hensons don't need this kind of
harassment by the religious right at this time.

Send them a word of encouragement and advice by contacting Wanda Henson via
email at [email-masked].

David Williams
Louisville

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re:Cameron
Date:    97-06-01 15:22:08 EDT
From:    SisterSpir
To:      Will Nich

Dear Will,
Paul Cameron will speak/debate all comers at the Music Hall connected to
Herbert's Fish camp in Runnelstown..5 miles from us, on June 7th at 7pm..  He
is being sponsored by 4 baptist churches and GUESS WHO???  James Hendry,
Mississippi for Family Values who formed because of us. and I believe tried
to get us killed, arrested and least of all run out of Jones county!! His
campaign continues!  By the way he works for Glaxo-Wellcome drug company, who
has a non-discrimatory policy in place.  According to the blurp in the paper
([email-masked]) he will ask the question "Why are homosexuals a threat
to themselves and to society?"
Will, please contact NGLTF, GLAAD, and others and get them to alert
Mississippi press folks about this idiot.  Maybe someone will discredit him
before he poisons to many minds!!
My mother lingers on her death bed as we sit vigile...hospice helps but 24
hour care is needed.  Wanda's daughter is having a difficult delivery in
Nevada and she had to go out there to be with her!!  I am afraid to be here
alone (not alone but with out her) for lots of reasons!!  She will try to
return on the 5th.
IN sisterspirit,
Brenda