Subject: Colorado for Family Values 4/4
From: exe00595 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 21:41:46 -0500 (EST)

CFV Report, Vol 14, March 1994 [Colorado for Family Values]

 The Book Every Coloradan Must Read in 1994!

  *Gay Politics vs. Colorado and America: The Inside Stroy of Amendment 2*

by Stephen Bransford

  Believe it or not, *CFV Report* readers,there may be a wealth of facts
you haven't learned about Amendment 2.
  For instance:  * Did you know that Colorado for Family Values and
Amendment 2 actually began with a simple phone call between two Colorado
housewives?  * Did you read the frightening text of H.B. 1059, the "Ethnic
Harassment Bill," which would have made any speech against homosexuality a
"hate crime?"  * Are you aware of the personal stories behind Amendment 2?
The inside personality struggles, the moments of uncertainty and doubt,
the unlikely mix of styles and talents which blended to create one of the
unlikeliest come-from-behind victories in recent American politics?  *
Have you ever read a beginning-to-end, factual account of the Amendment 2
campaign? Its ups and downs, its improbable twists and unbelievable
victories?
  If you haven't, then you must read Stephen Bransford's *Gay Politics vs.
Colorado and America* -- a book we flatly consider required reading for
any Coloradan interested in the truth. Get a copy for yourself, then send
another to a friend. If you've been frustrated with the thick curtain of
lies that has surrounded this issue, this is your chance to fight back.
  Right now, CFV has limited quantities for a special donation of $15.95
(retail is $22.95). Check your response card, get your copy, and get one
for a friend. Then urge your local bookstore to stock it.

     News Briefs

 Gay groups turn against NAMBLA

  Faced with an ultimatum by the United States to either expel the North
American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) or lose its newly-won
consulting status with the United Nations, leaders of the International
Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) have voted to condemn pedophilia and
ask NAMBLA to resign.
  Meanwhile, the United States Mission to the U. N. pulled back "at the
very last minute" from an earlier plan to suspend ILGA.  The U.S. move was
averted by a letter from ILGA pledging to oust NAMBLA at its annual
meeting in June.
  NAMBLA is refusing to quit ILGA. In a press release, it said the actions
taken against it by ILGA leaders were a "craven and dishonest" maneuver to
appease the U.S. Government. It said ILGA was lying about its past support
for "man/boy love" positions, which are in fact similar to those of
NAMBLA.
  On that count, at least, NAMBLA is telling the truth.
  Rep. Robert Dornan (R-CA), who has led the United States' opposition to
NAMBLA, wrote, "After taking a look at ILGA's official resolutions over
the past decade, I found that ILGA has consistently advocated many of the
goals and objectives of NAMBLA."
  Closer to home, Franklin Whitworth, administrator of Ground Zero,
Colorado Springs' own homosexual extremist group, has made quite a media
show of supposedly "denouncing" NAMBLA in the local and state media. The
Springs' new self-styled "hip"  tabloid, *independent* [sic], eagerly ran
Whitworth's pious fodder, including: "It' s time for American society as a
whole to recognize the victimization of its youth through child
molestation and abuse, and to dedicate itself to attacking the problem."
"National Gay Groups Denounce Pedophilia,"  *independent*[sic], 22
December 1993, p. 7.
  To Washington D.C.'s homosexual "community" however -- farther away from
hometown media -- Whitworth was far more honest about the crass political
motives underlying his newfound "concern."
  Whitworth flatly told the gay newspaper *Washington Blade*, "I want to
take away that tool that the radical right has been using against Gay
organizations. I would like to think that this would take that hammer out
of their hands."
  "NAMBLA denounced by groups," *Washington Blade*, 7 January 1994, p. 7.
  For a closer look at how intimately pedophilia is linked to historical
homosexuality, check out our Position Analysis on the enclosed looseleaf
page.

  Gay spending on March dwarfs even Clinton's Inaugural!

  Homosexual reports about the amount of money spent by tourists during
the gay "March on Washington" bolster once again the fact that homosexuals
rank among America' s most affluent, privileged special interest groups.
  The Washington D.C. Convention and Visitor's Association estimates that
the week-long homosexual event brought more money to the capital -- $177
million -- than any other single event they'd tracked. By comparison,
Clinton's inaugural brought in just about $65 million.

  CFV REPORT is published monthly by Colorado for Family Values.
 c 1994 All rights reserved.

 Will Perkins Executive Board Chairman
 Kevin Tebedo Executive Director
 Becky Johnson Copy Editor
 Jim Witmer Director of Operations
 Cindi Tharp Office Manager

 Colorado for Family Valaes is a Colerado -501(c) 4 non-profit
corporation.

  *The mission of Colorado for Family Values is to pro-actively lead and
assist those opposing the militant homosexual attack on traaitional
values; to act as a resource equipping grass-roots efforts through
education and training of like-minded organizations and individuals across
America dedicated to preserving the fundamental freedoms of speech,
association, assembly, belief and conscience protected by Colorado 's
Amendment Two; to preserve the right to disagree with and resist, in a
civil and compassionate manner, the forced affirmation ofthe homosexual
lifestyle.

  In Their Own Words

 "What makes more sense than a woman or experienced teenage girl teaching
a young girl about [lesbian] sex, and showing her what it is about? God,
boys certainly don't know how to give sex to girls. The young girl may not
end up gay, but at the same time, she probably will if it is a good
experience for her."

 -- Letter from "M and T, Memphis," *Bad Attitudess, vol. 8, p.  3.

  "Part of it is people don't want to see the reality af gay "  because
they're repulsed."

- Movie director Jonathan Demme, leading proponent of the Colorado boycott
and director of the pro-homosexual weeper movie "Philadelphia," defending
his decision not to cast openly gay actors in the leading roles or to show
more explicit scenes of homosexual behavior. "Philadelphia draws fire from
gay Kid in the Hall. . ." *Weekly Variety*, 24-30 January 1994, p. 2.

  "[Tebedo] is unexpectedly right about one thing: we do plan on
continuing to erode homophobia and heterosexism which plagues us in
Colorado.:

 -- Kay Morgan, Executive Director of the Gay and Lesbian Community Center
of Colorado, agreeing wlth Kevin's assessment of homosexual militancy in
Colorado. Kevin had written in the January, 1994 *CFV Report*: "With the
glare of international media focused on every aspect of 'gay rights'
activity in our state, we expect to see Colorado in 1993 become a hotbed
for every sort of militant homosexual harassment, political maneuvering
and deception in the hook.'' According to Morgan, Kevin's assessment was
correct! *Preferred Stock, 25 January 1994, p. 4.