Subject: Fwd: "ABC/Disney Pushes Homosexuality Full-Throttle"
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:03:57 -0500 (EST)

Thought you all might be interested in this tid-bit.

While I have no doubt that Disney and ABC as well as Ellen D have all wilking
this to death (exploiting us along the way)---a Lesbian lead in a sit-com
will go a long way for Lesbian visibility.  Did anyone notice that the mass
media, hardly mentioned the bar bombed in Atlanta was Lesbian.

Then we could also ask will heterosexual men tune in to watch two women
interact sexually?  Will Ellen's writers deal ruin the straight man fantasy
by including Gay male characters that are clearly sexual?

Just some thoughts and question.  Back to the campaign...
Steve Michael
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	[email-masked] (Buddy Smith)
Sender:	[email-masked]
To:	[email-masked]
Date: 97-03-05 22:36:15 EST

The AFA Alert is a one-way list. Responses will not be posted to the list.
AFA ACTION ALERT

American Family Association <><
P.O. Drawer 2440
Tupelo, Mississippi 38803
Telephone: 601/844-5036
Fax: 601/844-9176
Email: [email-masked]
World Wide Web: http://www.afa.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PRESS RELEASE
AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION

Contact: Tim Wildmon 601/844-5036

For Immediate Release
March 4, 1997

ABC/DISNEY PUSHES HOMOSEXUALITY FULL-THROTTLE

TUPELO, MS -- American Family Association (AFA) has announced its
objection to ABC television's decision to finally make Ellen DeGeneres'
character on her popular prime-time sitcom announce her lesbianism.
ELLEN will become the first in netwrok history to have a homosexual lead
character. 

        AFA vice-president Tim Wildmon said, "After hyping the media
since last September, Disney and ABC have finally decided to scorn the
moral sensibilities of millions of Americans. We will be publicizing the
advertisers who are willing to push the homosexual agenda."

        The April 30 episode is scheduled for production this week, and
will show the main character, Ellen Morgan, coming to grips with her
sexual orientation, according to USA TODAY. She discovers that she is
attracted to a woman, played by Laura Dern (Jurassic Park), and goes to
see a therapist, played by Oprah Winfrey. 

        Disney's push to promote homosexuality through ABC programming
was corroborated by Brent Bozell of the Media Researach Center. He told
the listening audience on American Family Radio that last May "Michael
Eisner, the head of Disney, called Matt Williams, the producer for HOME
IMPROVEMENT, and told him that he wanted him to put in two new
characters. They were to be a gay couple, moving in next door to Tim
Allen's family on that show. Why? Because they wanted to give this gay
couple prominence and then after a couple seasons spin them off into
their own show."

        According to Bozell, Williams, and later Tim Allen, the star of
HOME IMOROVEMENT, refused Eisner's request, saying it would destroy the
show. But Eisner has apparently found a willing collaborator in
DeGeneres.

===================================================
"Bringing Truth to the Information Super Highway"
Please tell a friend about the AFA ACTION ALERT
Register on the World Wide Webb: http://www.afa.net
****
To subscribe to afa-alert send an e-mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe afa-alert" (without the quotes) in the body of the message.
To unsubscribe, send a message to [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe afa-alert [email-masked]" in the body of the message.
Do not include the quotes, and replace [email-masked] with your
correct e-mail address.