Subject: update "general info" on us
From: "Demian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:45:35 +0000

Please update the "general info" on page:

http://www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/partners.task.force/general.info

NEW general info page:

= = =

Partners Task Force for Gay & Lesbian Couples
www.buddybuddy.com
Box 9685, Seattle, WA 98109-0685
206-935-1206
[email-masked]

Founded in 1986, our focus has always been to collect 
and decimate information of use to same-sex couples. 
We conducted a major national study of same-sex 
couples in 1990. This survey showed an extraordinary 
level of discrimination, not just for being gay or 
lesbian, but because they were a couple. This led to 
our unqualified advocacy of legal marriage, a simple
freedom of choice, which would address 95 percent of 
the discrimination couples face.

We make our resources available to couples, counselors,
reporters, etc., for free through our Web site which is
constantly updated. We have also produced a video called
"The Right to Marry."

Items available from Partners Task Force:

= "The Right to Marry" video -- US$19
   Full equality. Interviews: Rev. Mel White, Evan Wolfson,
   authors Phyllis Burke and Richard Mohr, activists, and a
   lesbian (Unitarian) married couple. 72-min., stereo VHS (NTSC)
   videotape.

= "An Indispensable Guide for Gay & Lesbian Couples" -- US$8.
   (Three or more guides @ US$4.50 each.)
   64-page booklet: facts, tips, insights on sex, same-sex
   marriage, job benefits, children, finances, legal planning,
   resources.

= "The Fight Before Christmas" video -- US$14
   Fantasy musical comedy featuring a male couple. 
   This humorous tale takes a warm-hearted look at 
   a relationship and coming out to parents. 
   20-min., stereo VHS (NTSC) videotape.

= "Making Love Visible: in Celebration of Gay and 
   Lesbian Families" book -- US$18
   Photo essays by Geoff Manasse with interviews 
   by Jean Swallow featuring same-sex couples and 
   their extended families. A testament to love and 
   commitment breaking all social boundaries. 176 pages.

= Domestic Partnership Policy Listings
   PLUS a Domestic Partnership Benefits Booklet -- US$10
   Researched from Sept. 1987 - Oct. 1995; combined private and
   governmental business lists from this Web site, city
   registrations and a resource list. Plus a 32-page Booklet on
   history, benefits/pitfalls, anatomy of a D-P affidavit, and
   tips on gaining workplace benefits.

= Survey Report -- US$4
   Expanded to a 13-page report with charts and explanations from
   the summary seen on this web site. Describes our landmark
   national study of 1,266 gay and lesbian partners on length of
   relationship, sexual agreements/frequency, discrimination,
   AIDS impact, etc.

= Partners Magazine Back Issue Collection -- US$19.50
   46 issues of news, interviews and features from August 1987
   through the last issue of Fall 1992.

= Gay & Lesbian Media List -- US$200
   Over 2,000 current journals, broadcast media, as well as
   major organizations that distribute newsletters. 
   Three-across, self-adhesive mailing labels in zip-code order.
   Rented for one-time use only.

= Advertise goods and services on the Partners Web site.

Please add US$1 ($2 outside-U.S.) for postage for each printed
item. Please add US$3 ($5 outside-U.S.) for each video.

Partners, Box 9685, Seattle, WA 98109-0685
206-935-1206; [email-masked]
Sorry, no purchase orders or billing accepted.