Subject: Digital Queers - Florida Gay & Lesbian Day at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort Complex
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 95 22:52:12 EDT

Digital Queers - Florida and OUT magazine present the 5th Annual Gay & Lesbian 
Day at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

June 3rd 1995 marks the 5th year of Gay and Lesbian celebrations at the WALT 
DISNEY WORLD Resort Complex near Orlando, Florida.  This is the 2nd year of 
involvement by the Florida Chapter of Digital Queers and OUT magazine.  Our 
participation in the 1994 event caused at least a 100% increase in previous 
year's estimated 8,500 attendance and we are looking toward a similar increase 
this year.

In order to make this a complete vacation or weekend experience, we have secured 
a special discount rate at our HEADQUARTERS HOTEL, the RAMADA RESORT MAINGATE AT 
THE PARKWAY, just 1 1/2 miles from the entrance to the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort 
Complex.  The special Digital Queers rate is just $49 per night plus taxes for 
up to 4 in a room.  Tell the reservationist you  want the Digital Queer Gay & 
Lesbian Day discount.  The discount is available 3 days before and after the 
event for those who may want to spend an extended vacation with us.  Call 
reservations at 800-228-2828. 

Our other HOTEL PARTNER is the DAYS SUITES just east of the RAMADA RESORT.  The 
DAYS SUITES is offering us a $62 (plus taxes) rate per night for up to 6 people. 
 The 700 square foot suite includes bedroom with two double size beds, kitchen 
and spacious living area with wall mounted pull-down double bed.  
Call  800-327-9126 mention Digital Queers Gay & Lesbian Day for the discount.

Events  June 2nd - 3rd 

June 2nd..............

The weekend begins with a late afternoon/early evening (5:30p-7:30p) get 
together in our Hospitality Suite at the RAMADA RESORT MAINGATE AT THE PARKWAY. 
 Join us for some networking, pick up your Digital Queers  Hospitality pack and 
get the latest information on the weekend festivities.  Hors d'oeuvres and a 
cash bar will be available.

Friday night, from 9pm - ?:??am, experience Central Florida's only World Class 
Gay Nightclub... THE CLUB in the Historic Firestone Building, 578 North Orange 
Avenue, Downtown Orlando.  For more information call 407-872-0005. 

June 3rd...............
Start the day with a breakfast buffet at the RAMADA RESORT MAINGATE AT THE 
PARKWAY.  Join Digital Queers and OUT magazine for a delicious breakfast from 
7:30am - 9:30am.  Buffet includes complete breakfast, juices and coffee.  The 
buffet is $10.00.  Cash bar available.  Advanced reservations requested.

9:00am - 11pm.  Celebrate the 5th Annual Gay & Lesbian Day and the beginning of 
Gay Pride Month with us at the Magic Kingdom Park in the WALT DISNEY WORLD 
Resort Complex.  

3pm.  Make sure to join us for the traditional gathering in front of 
CINDERELLA'S CASTLE for the afternoon parade.    

6:30pm - 8:30pm.  Get an early start on the evening's revelries by attending our 
Digital Queers - Florida BENEFIT BANQUET at MANNEQUINS DANCE PALACE on PLEASURE 
ISLAND.  MANNEQUINS DANCE PALACE is the "Main Event" of our Gay & Lesbian 
Day/NIGHT-TIME observance.  Last year there was a two hour wait to get inside 
eventhough PLEASURE ISLAND has six other large nightclubs.  This is the PREMIER 
nightclub of PLEASURE ISLAND and we invite you to enjoy a sumptuous banquet with 
us while contributing towards our projects here in Florida.  Our "ITALIAN TOUCH" 
gourmet menu, featuring Veal Marsala, Chicken Cacciatore and Fettucine Alfredo, 
 includes an open bar and complimentary admission to PLEASURE ISLAND for the 
evening.  The Digital Queers - Florida BENEFIT BANQUET, two hour open bar and 
complimentary admission to PLEASURE ISLAND (a $17 value) is $100.  Seating is 
limited please make reservations well in advance.  Start the night inside 
MANNEQUINS DANCE PALACE and avoid the long lines.

9pm - 2am.  Enjoy a night of entertainment and merrymaking at the dazzling 
night-time entertainment complex,  PLEASURE ISLAND.  Join several thousand Gay & 
Lesbian Day attendees in our traditional "invasion" of the Island.  
PLEASURE ISLAND has seven "uniquely personalized" night clubs, an outdoor D.J. 
and live band on the West End Stage. 

2am - 9am.  Complete the weekend with an after-hours trip to THE CLUB in the 
Historic Firestone Building in Orlando.  THE CLUB is Orlando's only after-hours 
Dance Club.  Show your Digital Queers - Florida Banquet ticket for admission 
discount.

Official Digital Queers - Florida Gay & Lesbian Day  T-shirts are available.

To make Breakfast Buffet and/or Benefit Banquet reservations or for more 
information please contact [email-masked]  or call 
813-833-2507.

Note: This event is not sponsored by WALT DISNEY WORLD Company.