From: [email-masked] Sat Sep 10 13:07:20 1994

NEQ-Net
c/o NGLTF,
1151 Mass Ave,
Cambrdige, MA 02138

Sept 9th, 1994.

Dear Friend and Colleague,

As you may be aware, a group of students has been working 
on establishing a network of campus groups in the New England 
area for the past year. The New England Queer Network or NEQ-Net 
is the result and we will be having our formal launch at a conference 
on October 1, 1994. John Affuso who is the Gay and Lesbian Liaison 
for the City of Boston Mayor's Office and a New England Graduate 
will give the keynote address at our launch. You will hopefully have 
already received notification about this conference, and you or someone 
from your group may also have already been contacted about these 
matters by a member of our communications committee. 

In order for our launch to go as smoothly as possible, we will be having 
a planning meeting on Sat, Sept 17th from 1-4pm at Suffolk Law School, 
Donahue Building, Room 208. The Donahue Building is right behind the 
State House on Temple Street, Beacon Hill, Boston. The goals of this 
meeting are as follows:
	to finalize our constitution for presentation at our launch, 
	to structure our general meeting at the Oct 1 Conference,
	to consider initial nominations for the positions of co-facilitator,
	to review our working committees.
Therefore, we would like as many people as possible to attend this 
preliminary meeting, especially from outside the Boston area. I am 
enclosing some of the highlights of the constitution for review.

Membership forms for NEQ-Net will be available at the conference and 
will also be sent out to all groups after the conference. If at all possible, 
we would like your presence or feedback on Sept 17th and also would 
like to strongly encourage you and other members of your group to 
attend the conference on Oct 1, 1994.

For Conference Information, Contact Mark Eley at 617-424-6559.
For Sept 17th Information & Directions, Contact Manny Perez at 
617-437-0781. [[email-masked]]
For NEQ-Net Information, Contact David Leonard at 617-739-1172. 
[[email-masked]]
[For NEQ-Net email list, send mail to [email-masked], 
subscriptions to [email-masked]]

_______________________
David Leonard for NEQ-Net.

Highlights of the Constitution of the New England Queer Network !!

(My apologies for the arbitrariness of the selection and any resulting 
omissions)

NAME: The name of the organization shall be the New England Queer 
Network (hereafter referred to as NEQ-NET).

PURPOSE: The purpose of NEQ-NET shall be: a) to facilitate an exchange 
of information among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender student 
organizations in New England and the larger community; b) to create and 
maintain an archive/resource center that will serve as a central and accessible 
record of the actions, experiences, resources, and suggestions of lesbian, 
gay, bisexual, and transgender student organizations in New England; c) 
to provide a forum for furthering the goals of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and 
transgender student organizations in New England; d) to assist newly 
formed and forming lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender student 
organizations; e) to sponsor a New England-wide lesbian, gay, bisexual, 
and transgender student conference at least once per year.

MEMBERSHIP: Membership in NEQ-NET is open to any New England 
organization of  gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered students and 
other student organizations concerned with the rights of and support for 
such students. Each Member Organization shall elect two voting 
representatives to NEQ-NET.  These representatives shall serve as the 
Steering Committee of NEQ-NET.  Their term in office shall be one year, 
and they may succeed themselves. Students may request individual 
memberships according to the same application procedure as for organizations.

WORKING COMMITTEES: A) the Steering Committee shall have three 
permanent Working Committees and may set up as many additional 
Working Committees as is deemed necessary; b) the Working Committees 
shall be made up of those members of the Steering Committee, persons 
from Member Organizations, and Individual Members who volunteer to 
serve on them; all members of a Working Committee shall have the right 
to vote in the committee;  a given individual may serve on more than one 
Working Committee; c) the permanent Working Committees shall be the 
Finance Committee, the Records Committee, and the Conference 
Committee; e) the Records Committee shall be responsible for all non-financial 
records of NEQ-NET; this shall include keeping minutes of all Steering 
Committee meetings, making sure that appropriate records are kept of 
all Working Committee meetings and other NEQ-NET functions, and 
maintaining an up to date list of contact information for all members of 
the Steering Committee; the Records Committee shall also be responsible 
for NEQ-NET's Information Archives; the Conference Committee shall 
organize NEQ-NET conferences in cooperation with the event's host school.

OFFICERS: The term "officer" refers to the two Co-Facilitators and the 
Committee Chairs; the Steering Committee shall elect two of its members 
to serve as the Co-Facilitators of NEQ-NET; the Co-Facilitators shall be the 
executive officers of NEQ-NET, and shall be responsible for overseeing all 
operations of the organization; the Co-Facilitators, or their designate(s), 
shall also serve as the sole official spokespersons for NEQ-NET; the 
Co-Facilitators are not eligible to serve as Chair of any Working Committee; 
the members of each Working Committee shall elect one of their number as 
Chair.  

ADVISORY BOARD: The Advisory Board shall be made up of alumni/ae of 
NEQ-NET who have an ongoing interest in the organization.  The Advisory 
Board shall act as a resource and advisory body to NEQ-NET.