Subject: PLAGAL Submission: Pro-Life Gays to March
From: PLAGAL One <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:00:16 EST

THE PRO-LIFE ALLIANCE
OF GAYS AND LESBIANS

Post Office Box 33292
Washington, DC 20033
Tel: (202) 223-6697
		Fax: (202) 265-9737
Internet:  Plagal [email-masked]

For Further Information:
202-223-6697

MARCH FOR LIFE APPROACHES

The Annual March for Life in protest of the 1973 Supreme Court decision, Roe
v. Wade, declaring abortion a constitutional right, will take place at Noon,
January 22, 1998, beginning in the Ellipse just south of the White House.
After several speeches, the March will proceed up Constitution Boulevard to
the Supreme Court Building, after which participants will visit the offices of
their Senators and Representatives in Congress.   As we have done since 1991,
PLAGAL will march.

Members of the Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians will gather at 11:30
A.M. before the statue of Benjamin Franklin in front of the Old Post Office,
near the corner of Twelfth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest.  We will
then walk to the corner of Constitution Boulevard and Fifteenth Street, where
we will join Feminists for Life, Democrats for Life, and other non-traditional
pro-life groups for the March.

As is our custom, at the top of Capitol Hill, we will stop in front of the
Dirksen Senate Office Building and distribute flyers as the rest of the March
goes by.  By distributing these flyers, we hope to let other pro-lifers know
the arguments that we as lesbian and gay pro-lifers have found most effective
in advancing the pro-life cause in our community.  Though Congress will not be
in session on January 22nd, at 3:30 P.M. we are trying to arrange a meeting
with one or more Congressional offices to present our particular spin on the
universal pro-life message.