Subject: PLAGAL MEETS AT QUILT WEEKEND
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:41:50 -0400

Media Release From:

THE PRO-LIFE ALLIANCE
OF GAYS AND LESBIANS

Post Office Box 33292
Washington, DC 20033
Tel: (202) 223-6697
Fax: (202) 265-9737
Internet:  Plagal [email-masked]

For Further Information:
Joe Beard (202) 483-1311

PLAGAL WILL GATHER AT QUILT 
TO MOURN OUR DEAD AND DEFEND THE LIVING

The Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians will gather over the weekend of
October 11 and 13, 1996, in Washington, D.C., to honor those among us who
have lost their lives from AIDS, particularly Don Monroe, PLAGAL's organizing
Vice-President in 1991,  and to plan future efforts on behalf of those whose
lives are threatened by abortion on demand.   PLAGAL's Board of Directors --
and any other interested and active PLAGALites -- will meet 2:00 P.M. on
Saturday afternoon, October 12, 1996, at the residence of the
Secretary-Treasurer, Joe Beard, (call 202-483-1311 for directions) and we
will end with pizza and beer.  We will spend Sunday, October 13, 1996, at the
Quilt, which is being displayed on the Mall.

Among the issues which must be discussed and hopefully resolved at the
Saturday meeting will be increased local activities, new tactics to address
the lesbian and gay community, publicity, media relations (both straight
media and lesbian and gay media), special group outreach, fund-raising,
lesbian and gay religious groups, and speakers for straight pro-life groups
and gay fora. 

PLAGAL is advised that local branches of the Names Project are arranging
transportation from various cities in the Northeast to Washington, DC, over
that weekend.  PLAGALites should contact the Names Project locally or in San
Francisco (415-882-5500) to determine if any form of mass transit is
available.  Anyone planning to attend who will need sleeping accommodations
should contact the National Office immediately.  PLAGAL Members in the
Washington, DC area are urged to contact the National Office (202-223-6697)
if any are able to provide sleeping space for those attending the October
Gathering.  

	-30-