Subject: Pro-Life Gays Host DC Bishop's Wife
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 18:18:28 -0500

An Announcement  from:

PRO-LIFE ALLIANCE OF GAYS AND LESBIANS

Post Office Box 33292
Washington, D.C. 20033
(202) 223-6697
Internet:  [email-masked]

For Further Information:

Philip Arcidi
747 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(508) 369-0700
Please Advise PLAGAL 
If  Duplicates are Received 
By Fax or Email.

MANY VOICES, ONE MESSAGE:
PRO-LIFE GAYS HOST FORUM 
AT JANUARY 22 MARCH FOR LIFE

On Sunday, January 21, 1996,  at 5:00 P.M. (the eve of the annual March for
Life) the Pro- Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians (PLAGAL) will host a talk
by Mary Haines, Vice- President of the National Organization of Episcopalians
for Life (NOEL) at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW.   Mrs.
Haines is a former school teacher, principal, and instructor in the Lamaze
childbirth procedure.  She is the wife of the Episcopalian Bishop of
Washington, DC, and the mother of six children, one of whom is a gay.

The men and women of PLAGAL see this forum as both a place to celebrate the
diversity of the Pro-Life movement, and a chance to show how
non-stereotypical pro-lifers work on behalf of the unborn.  Following the
forum, PLAGAL will offer soft drinks and fellowship, with ample time for
guests to join the pro-life worship services scheduled in Washington churches
that evening.

On Monday, the day of the March, PLAGAL will meet at 11:40 A.M., January 22,
1995, at the statue of Benjamin Franklin right in front of the Old Post
Office, corner of Twelfth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.  Some may arrive
early and partake of a very welcome cup of hot coffee inside.  The contingent
will then proceed to the Rally at the Ellipse, about four blocks away, and
then participate in the great March down Pennsylvania Avenue to Capitol Hill.

Once PLAGAL's band of marchers arrive at the crest of Capitol Hill, we will
stop by the side of Pennsylvania Avenue and distribute two brochures, "An
Open Letter to the Pro- Life Movement," and "SAVE THE WHALES!  SAVE THE
RAINFORESTS!  KILL THE BABIES?" to the rest of the parade.  PLAGAL members
will visit Congressmen after the March, as we did last year. 
______________________________________________
The Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians was organized in 1990 for the
purpose of opposing abortion on demand and advancing the Pro-Life argument
within the Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual community.  PLAGAL President Philip
Arcidi of Concord, Massachusetts, noted that the forum was one of a series of
intermittent initiatives by PLAGAL to broaden the perspective on abortion and
its consequences.  PLAGAL has participated in the March for Life and its
attendant gatherings since 1991.