Subject: PLAGALITE VOLZ LEADS PHILLY PRIDE
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 23:43:11 -0400

Media Release from:

PRO-LIFE ALLIANCE OF GAYS AND LESBIANS

Post Office Box 33292
Washington, D.C. 20033
(202) 223-6697

For Further Information:

Chuck Volz
(215) 624-1028

Philip Arcidi
(508) 369-0700

[email-masked]

VOLZ HEADS PHILLY PRIDE

Chuck Volz, a PLAGAL National Vice President, was elected President of
Diversity of Pride, the Pride Organization for the Greater Philadelphia Area,
at a community meeting on Tuesday, July 11, 1995.  Diversity of Pride
sponsors the two largest lesbian/gay/bisexual and transgendered events in
Philadelphia:  OUTFEST, the National Coming Out Day Block Party (10/8/95) and
the Gay Pride Parade and Festival every Spring.  Chuck's first official
action was to schedule a reception for  African-American leaders of the
lesbian and gay community on September 12, 1995.

Chuck stated that his election as president of the largest gay organization
in Philadelphia not only demonstrates the acceptance of pro-life gays and
lesbians by the Philadelphia community, but also the dedication of PLAGAL
members to lesbian and  gay issues.  "This will serve as a complete rejection
of the assertion of pro-abortion gays and lesbians that PLAGAL members are
only interested in abortion and that we don't care about gay rights."  

"Our Pride organization would never tolerate the disgraceful conduct of the
pro-abortion elements of our community such as experienced in Boston's Pride
events by PLAGAL members.  PLAGAL members are obviously not afraid to compete
in the marketplace of ideas.  We in Philadelphia are proud that our
marketplace is open to all without threats of violence.  Perhaps that is why
we are the cradle of liberty."