Subject: Pro-Life Lesbians, Gays Support Partial Birth Abortion Ban
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 07:49:56 -0500

Media Release from:

PRO-LIFE ALLIANCE OF GAYS AND LESBIANS

Post Office Box 33292
Washington, D.C. 20033
(202) 223-6697
Internet:  [email-masked]

For Further Information:

Philip Arcidi
747 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(508) 369-0700
                                                  
PRO-LIFE LESBIANS, GAYS 
SUPPORT PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION BAN

Testimony Submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee
from the Pro-Life Alliance of  Gays and Lesbians  (PLAGAL)

Washington, DC.  16 November 1995.

The Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians (PLAGAL) extends its solid support
to the ban on partial birth abortions now pending before the United States
Senate. To outlaw this hideous practice -- which even the most zealous
advocates of abortion rights are loathe even to describe publicly to the
American people -- is to make everyone painfully aware of the humanity of all
the victims of abortion.

Our support of all preborn children is informed by our own life experiences.
 As lesbians and gays, we have felt the damage wrought by those who say we
are people without human rights. This  same offense is inflicted on the
unborn, with lethal consequences: 4400 deaths each day.

We expect and trust that after children are saved from these gruesome late
term abortions, Americans will extend protection to other unborn lives at
risk, such as the handicapped and women (who are frequently aborted in East
Asia).  Preborn gays and lesbians, whose homosexuality will soon be
genetically indicated, will be among the most vulnerable.   We are resolved
that  lesbians and gays must not be added to the ranks of abortion victims.
 As with all others, they must be protected.

_______

The Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians was organized in 1990 to advance
the pro-life cause among lesbians and gays.  Philip Arcidi, of Concord,
Massachusetts, is the current President.